The Advanced Nitrox Diver course is the most comprehensive course offered at the sport diver level. The curriculum develops a more in-depth understanding of the application of Nitrox (EANx) and the use of EANx mixtures up to 50% for safety or required stops.
In-depth attention is directed to equipment, dive planning (various EANx mixtures), physics, physiology, decompression, stress management, and injury management.
The course consists of confined water experience and four dives in order to develop the watermanship required to be awarded certification as an Advanced EANx diver. This course includes detailed tracking of CNS % exposure and introduces the diver to the UPTD concept of tracking pulmonary oxygen exposure.
Course duration: 3 days
EANx and IANTD Deep Diver certification with 20 logged dives; or with equivalent experience 75 logged dives of which at least 10 dives must be between 27 and 40 msw
- 2 Regulator first stages for dual outlet valves (one must have a second stage hose of at least 5 feet, recommended 7 feet or 2 meters)
- SPG and means of monitoring depth, bottom time and stops
- Submersible dive tables for mixes that are being dived
- Primary dive light and one secondary dive light (only for Overhead Environment and Intro Cave)
- Safety reel and lift bag (not needed for Overhead and Intro Cave if conducted in fresh water)
- Proper exposure suit (3mm)
- Slate and pencil (wrist slate recommended)
- Surface audio signal device
- Dive knife