For the extreme diver ready to further explore the world of technical deep diving, the gas of choice is trimix – blend of oxygen, helium and nitrogen.
The DSAT Tec Trimix Diver course takes you to the outer edges of technical deep diving, opening the door to pristine dive sites few divers – if any – ever see.
The DSAT Tec Trimix Diver course is intended to extend the depth range of technical divers already trained and qualified to use air, enriched air nitrox and oxygen for technical decompression dives to 75 metres / 245 feet in open water. This course is for DSAT Tec Deep Divers (or qualifying certification from another training organization). The course extends your depth range capabilities by training you to use trimix (helium, oxygen and nitrogen).
During the course you will do up to 8 trimix dives, using up to 4 stage tanks to a maximum depth of 75 meters.
With a combination of independent study and training skill sessions, you'll find the Tec Trimix Diver course intense, pushing you to meet the demands of deep trimix diving. It's not for every diver, nor can every diver rise to the challenge. Can you?
B&J Diving Centre Sdn. Bhd. is the only tec facility in Malaysia qualified to teach this program!
Students must meet the following prerequisites before starting the course:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Students who meet this through a qualifying non-PADI certification need to provide proof of CPR and first aid training within the previous two years
- Certified as a DSAT Tec Deep Diver or equivalent
- Certified as a PADI Deep Diver or equivalent
- Minimum of 150 logged dives
- Be fit for diving and have a DSAT/PADI medical statement signed by a physician
During the course you will use the following technical diving equipment:
- Basic dive equipment (wetsuit, fin, mask)
- Wing type BCD with dual bladder
- 2 dive computers / depth gauges and bottom timers (mixed gas computer or computer that can be set into gauge mode preferred)
- Dive slates (wrist slates highly recommended)
- Twin tanks with isolator manifold
- Two regulator first and second stages for twin tanks, one with long hose (min. length 1.5m)
- Up to two decompression / stage tanks
- Two oxygen clean regulators for decompression / stage tanks
- Primary reel (minimum line length 70m)
- Liftbag (minimum lifting capacity 50lbs)
- 2 Knife / cutting devices
- Jon line (for drift decompression, if applicable)
If you don’t have your own tec gear you can either rent or buy it from us.
Download our B&J – DSAT Tec Deep Diver Course Summary and Schedule file for more details.