The DSAT Tec Deep Diver course takes you past recreational diving and immerses you in the world of technical diving.
This certification is equivalent to Technical Diver of other training agencies.
You learn about and understand the hazards and risks involved in technical diving, as well as how to prepare for and handle reasonable foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
You also learn how to plan, conduct and manage
- Decompression dives
- Accelerated decompression dives using air enriched air to a depth of 50 metres /165 feet.
This course is equivalent to Technical Diver / Extended Range offered by other training agencies.
Mastery of the technical diver rig brings all dive sites in the 50 meter range within your capabilities. The use of decompression techniques within this depth range allows for multi-hour bottom time dives to be planned allowing for serious exploration of shipwrecks or unvisited deep coral reefs without the ‘deco’ indicator of your computer beeping at you to ascend just as the exploration becomes interesting!
The complete course includes 12 dives (including 4 decompression dives) using air, enriched air nitrox and pure oxygen for decompression to a maximum depth of 50 meters.
The 10 day course may be split into three 3 to 4 day periods for divers unable to study the entire course at one time
- 1st part: DSAT Tec 40 Diver
- 2nd part: DSAT Tec 45 Diver
- 3rd part: DSAT Tec 50 Diver
The courses are physically and mentally challenging, requiring a full commitment of time and energy during course days. A technical diving rig can weigh up to 80 Kg. It requires a good physical fitness and mental attitude to deal with its particular requirements. The course is serious fun!
Students must meet the following prerequisites before starting the course:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Certified as a DSAT Tec 45 Diver or equivalent
- Minimum of 100 logged dives of which at least
- 20 dives muyst be Enriched Air Nitrox dives
- 25 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 20 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be fit for diving and have a DSAT/PADI medical statement signed by a physician
During the course you will use the following technical diving equipment:
- Basic dive equipment (wetsuit, fin, mask)
- Wing type BCD with dual bladder
- 2 dive computers / depth gauges and bottom timers (mixed gas computer or computer that can be set into gauge mode preferred)
- Dive slates (wrist slates highly recommended)
- Twin tanks with isolator manifold
- Two regulator first and second stages for twin tanks, one with long hose (min. length 1.5m)
- Up to two decompression / stage tanks
- Two oxygen clean regulators for decompression / stage tanks
- Primary reel (minimum line length 70m)
- Liftbag (minimum lifting capacity 50lbs)
- 2 Knife / cutting devices
- Jon line (for drift decompression, if applicable)
If you don’t have your own tec gear you can either rent or buy it from us.