The DSAT Tec 45 Diver course takes over where the Tec 40 course leaves off and takes your training as a technical diver furhter and deeper. It's the second subcourse in the full DSAT Tec Diver program.
In this 3 day course you'll learn the skills and equipment and planning needed to dive to a maximum of 45 meters (145 feet). You'll receive the knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single Nitrox stage cylinder or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to your decompression stops.
There is no time limit for the decompression and you will be thoroughly prepared to respond any foreseeable technical diving emergency. We will teach you to master all the basic skills and procedures you will need as you move into deeper technical diving.
As learning materials you will use the DSAT Tec Deep Diver Crew Pak, which introduces you to:
- Tec Diving Lingo
- Emergency Procedures
- Decompression and stage cylinder handling
- Gas Planning
Students must meet the following prerequisites before starting the course:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Certified as a PADI Deep Diver or equivalent
- Certified as DSAT Tec40 Diver or equivalent
- Minimum of 50 logged dives of which at least 12 dives were made with Enriched Air Nitrox deeper than 18 meters and 6 dives that were deeper than 30 meters (with or without Nitrox)
- Be fit for diving and have a DSAT/PADI medical statement signed by a physician
During the course you will use the following technical diving equipment:
- Basic dive equipment (wetsuit, fin, mask)
- Wing type BCD with dual bladder
- 2 dive computers / depth gauges and bottom timers (mixed gas computer or computer that can be set into gauge mode preferred)
- Dive slates (wrist slates highly recommended)
- Twin tanks with isolator manifold
- Two regulator first and second stages for twin tanks, one with long hose (min. length 1.5m)
- Up to two decompression / stage tanks
- Two oxygen clean regulators for decompression / stage tanks
- Primary reel (minimum line length 70m)
- Liftbag (minimum lifting capacity 50lbs)
- 2 Knife / cutting devices
- Jon line (for drift decompression, if applicable)
If you don’t have your own tec gear you can either rent or buy it from us.