|“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve learned, this course expands on what you alredy know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The fun part of this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
In this course you learn a lot about self-rescue, rescuing other divers and the management of dive related accidents.
The main skills you learn include:
- Self rescue during diving (i.e. cramps, out of air, entanglement etc)
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing others on the surface (i.e. panic divers, tired divers etc)
- Rescuing unresponsive divers on the surface and under water
- Finding a missing diver
- Completion of several resue scenarios
- Be 15 years or older
- Have a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
- Be trained and current for First Aid incl. CPR within the previous 2 years (e.g. PADI Emergency First Responder training)
- Able to say NO to all medical questions in the PADI Medical Form (à linked to download the form)